The Blue Mountains Refugee Support Group (BMRSG) was formed in 2001. It is a diverse non-partisan group of ordinary Australians concerned by the persistence of racial prejudice in our society and the inhumane treatment of asylum seekers by the Australian government.
BMRSG is a project of the Blue Mountains Family Support Service Inc.
- to provide practical assistance to those released from detention
- to provide support to asylum seekers in detention
- to raise public awareness of refugee and asylum seeker issues
- to provide financial support to asylum seekers and refugees in the community
BMRSG wants reforms:
- The Australian Government to honour the UN Convention on Refugees signed by Australia in 1954.
- Abolition of visas without rights to work, Medicare and Centrelink support.
- End of incarceration of asylum seekers for long periods or in remote camps.
- Abolition of excision of territories such as Christmas Island.
Postal address: P.O. Box 197, Katoomba NSW 2780
Chairperson: Wayne Buckman 4751 5062
Secretary: George Winston 4782 7866
Website contacts are: firstly George Winston, then either Wayne Buckman or Craig Beifus.
Facebook contacts are: firstly Craig Beifus then George Winston or Pat Rayner.
ABN 48 765 203 957