Tony was an exceptional man, full of life, warmth and energy. It was impossible not to like him.
He gave generously of his time, money, energy to those in need; used his intelligence and ingenuity to achieve positive results for others. Had a huge capacity for work and was a brilliant chef, manager and writer.
We will miss him greatly.
Tony’s contribution to BMRSG:
- Was a frequent visitor to Villawood IDC and a friend to many detainees.
- Bought many items e.g. sleeping bags for asylum seekers, often from his own pocket.
- Delivered furniture and other items to asylum seekers.
- Led three sausage sizzles at Bunnings Penrith to raise funds.
- Organised two major fundraising dinners, acting as chef and training asylum seekers as cooks and waiters.
- Led a team of BMRSG volunteers to cook a dinner for 150 people for a memorial concert
- Was an active member of the committee
- Wrote a brilliant cook book and sold copies to benefit BMRSG.